Another year of marriage for Steve and I has come and gone. Has it been a year of pain or bliss?
Life is not always easy and for some, it is not easy at all. But have you ever noticed that for some, no matter how often life beats them to their knees they seem to always be thankful and have a good attitude? In the case of marriage and really everything in life, we need to stop and reflect if we are thankful for what that year brought, be it good or bad.
November 18th marked our 43rd wedding anniversary. Has it always been blissful? Heck no! Have there been many painful times? You bet! Has it been worth it in the long run? Absolutely!
Why? Because even though it has not all been bliss, we genuinely love and care for each other, flaws and all. And not only that, we even like each other. At least most of the time. LOL! Sometimes, it's hard to imagine being with one person almost 2/3rds of your life. And believe me after that long you become one (as the Bible says) in more ways than you realize.
So what makes a marriage one of pain or bliss?
Well here is my take on that…. YOU do! Not your mate, but you. The power is all yours. Even if your mate is someone you think is difficult to live with, first of all, you chose them. So now it's your responsibility to do whatever you can to make it work. Your attitude toward them can make all the difference and even soften them.
So here are a few of my tips for a long-lasting marriage.
1. Master the art of kindness. This can be difficult especially if they are irritating you at the moment.
2. Practice patience. They say it's a virtue, but I will tell you it's not for the faint-hearted.
3. Take the blame sometimes, especially if it's something trivial, even though it's not your fault. Why? Because you know when you need them, they will be right there for you.
4. Work together in good times and bad. Be a team in everything in life.
5. Don't expect perfection. No one is perfect in this world, so if you expect your mate to be, then they have the right to also expect the impossible from you as well.
6. Know what matters most and keep that in the forefront of your relationship.
All marriages come with their share of pain and bliss. However, when pain and hard times in marriage or life in general come, use your Young Living Oils such as Joy, Gratitude, Humility and Abundance. If you feel stuck and can't break free from that feeling, remember to use Forgiveness Oil.
Life and marriage are just a couple of gifts from God as well as our wonderful essential oils. Use and treat them wisely!
Happy Anniversary to my partner in life, Steve Wickett. I love you!
To your everlasting happiness,
Learn more about how to use Young Living Oils and Change Your Life!
Get my Free Report at the top right of the page!
Carol is an essential oil educator and a certified reflexologist. As a distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, she teaches the importance of using genuine, authentic essential oils for health and healing. She has been an advocate of natural health and wellness for the past 35 years. Among the things she has studied includes, the use essential oils, iridology, muscle testing, nutrition, tapping and other forms of energy medicine.
As always my thoughts are for general educational purposes only.